Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Life

This is my first post on my new blog! I have created this blog so that those who wish to can keep up to date on my quickly approaching 3 month adventure in Mozambique. This is a preliminary post, but more will come soon.

Quick update:

- I'm working through all the paperwork etc and planning a fundraiser (while working alot!)

- I have decided that I will be going on the outreach to the bush of Mozambique. This is in Dondo Mozambique, for those that want to look it up. We will be sitting in a truck bed for a few hours going out into remote parts of Mozambique where the people have rarely seen caucasian people (it seems that they are really pleased to see white people rather than - as I was originally expecting - feeling threatened by them). We wil give food and clothing and share healings and worship with them. I am excited!!!!

-Eventually I will need to get about SEVEN different shots from my physician :(

-I have a reading list of ten books that I need to buy and read before I leave, and I am starting on them

Prayer points:

I need help from the Lord with my organizational skills! I need Him to "direct my path" (Proverbs 16:9) in these small areas of preparation and busy work.

That ought to do it for now. :)

I have experimented with making a Paypal button and don't have a lot of experience with HTML or blogging even, so I don't know exactly where to put it. Soon I will be putting up my complete info/support letter that explains my heart better when it comes to funding (basically I am not very worried about it because God has made big promises about funding, and I do not want to manipulate anyone. Rather, I would love for each person involved to listen to the Lord in regard to whether they should give. And if you are not a christian, do you whatever you want! I support your decisions :) )

Love you all

Tetra






No comments:

Post a Comment