Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Faithful God

"Fear not, for I have redeemd you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters. I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire, you will not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:2

What a wonderful promise!!! I hold on to this!

I am reading some of my books for school now - they are quite encouraging and full of amazing stories about believers in different countries who have had amazing encounters with God and are seeking Him at all costs. Right now I'm reading "Like a Mighty Wind" by Mel Tari. He is from Indonesia and he talks about his presbyterian church on the island of Timor that experienced revival starting in the 70's. What is really amazing to me about it is that Mel and his congregation experienced the revival not because some North Americans "brought" it to them, but simply because they were individually praying prayers to know God more. All of the sudden one evening their service had a Pentecost type of happening in which they hear a rushing wind sound and everyone started speaking in different languages. People from the town saw that there was a fire on their church building, and brought buckets of water to put it out (they had no fire station on his island) but realized when they got there that there was no fire; The building looked like it was on fire, but it was only God's presence tangibly sitting on the building!! WOW! This book has been amazing for me to read, and I quite highly recommend it!

I am getting more and more excited to go to Mozambique!! My hunger for serving and seeing the "poor in Spirit" who are so blessed with a close relationship with Godis getting overwhelming!! I can't wait to have my whole life be centered around learning more about God and immediately giving it out and serving those around me!!!! I'm seeing small tastes of that even now, as most of my time during the week involves going to church and having prayer times! And I am seeing small ministry oppurtinities all over. I have started going to an after school program and can't wait to build relationships with kids there.

Thank you for your prayers - I am trusting trusting God for finances, and I am so certain that He is going to take care of me just in time! My deadline for buying my ticket is this sunday - so I will let you all know what He does on Monday!

Pray also that He continues to direct my steps.

Thank you!! Love!!!

Tetra





1 comment:

  1. My wife and I were in meetings with Mel Tari back in the 1970's. They were so powerful! And he continues today, sharing the love of Jesus everywhere.

    ReplyDelete